Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Feel Great

I did not get the chance to get back on to blog after the workout last night. Got out of the gym late.

Yesterday was a great workout. The tweak I had in my chest did not bother me or appear to come back even in the slightest during my workout.  I did chest last night and it was my heaviest lift to date. Check out the weight below.........

Floor Bench

I started my workout with floor bench. My last two sets I was able to push up 275 lbs. For those who do not know floor bench is a different kind of flat bench. One lays on their back and benches as you would normally but the added benefit is it restricts movement. Because you are laying on the floor you can't go past your elbows or bounce the weight off of your chest and it makes the chest work in overtime. This is great for explosiveness.

Since about the second week of lifting chest I have not really been sore the next couple days afterward so I decided to switch it up.

This is why I had forgone the regular bench for a new approach. This was my routine last night.

Floor Bench 6 sets x 12 - 2 reps
Incline Dumbbell 4 sets x 10 - 6 reps
Incline Bench Cable Flys 4 sets x 10 reps
Pec Deck 4 sets x 10 reps w/ final set being a drop set
Chest Dips 3 sets x failure
 Cardio 25 min.

Waking up today I really feel a nice sore from changing up the workout. I am going to take this approach for the rest of the week and do a little different for every body part. Even though I normally switch up slightly week to week I am going to make it a point to switch it up to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment