Monday, April 27, 2015

Back on Track

Today was the start of a new week and a new goal. My goal is to hit the gym at least four times and to eat clean for six days. I will attempt all seven and just have a cheat meal but we will see because it is extremely tough.

I was able to eat clean throughout the entire day today and able to get a nice hour and a half workout at the gym as well. I tried a new technique today while doing chest. It was recommended from an article I read featuring the one and only Arnold!

This is what I did today. I did four sets of three on bench. I did this on the smith machine with a bench that was able to adjusted for different degrees.

1st set 15 degrees for 3 sets
2nd set 30 degrees for 3 sets
3rd set 45 degrees for 3 sets
4th set 60 degrees for 3 sets

The reason to do four different degrees on the bench is to hit the entire chest throughout the movements. If you have been following my blog I do chest quite a bit. The reason for this is I have an extremely strong chest but it lacks size. For this reason I really work on it harder then the rest of my body for this point in time.

I finished the workout with heavy incline dumbbell flys followed by lighter cable flys to really get the blood pumping in the chest. And of course the oh so hated cardio.


No comments:

Post a Comment