Monday, May 4, 2015

Reasoning...

I mentioned a few blogs back that I was going to explain the reasoning for me starting this blog and to introduce myself a bit more. I should have done this in the beginning but I do not, so here we go.

I actually started this blog as a project for my New Media class at Mercyhurst. We were required to post a certain amount of material throughout the term for our project. To be honest I probably would not have done this if it were not for the class, but I will say it has been an enjoyable experience up to this point.

I chose this topic because I know a good deal about fitness and eating healthy. I have been an avid lifter throughout my life and have learned a great deal through the different gyms I have been to and from my own research. The information I know about dieting is through my own personal experiences with nutritionists and through classes I took when I was younger at WVU. This is the underline reason I chose this topic. The MAIN reason was I feel out of shape myself. I was in great shape about 10 months back and then I just got away from my routine and started to be unsatisfied with my own body. This is never a good feeling. Choosing this topic for my blog I figured would give me the kick in the butt I need to get back in shape. WHICH IT ABSOLUTELY HAS!

As I state in the description of the blog, this blog is aimed for people having a hard time sticking with getting in shape/healthy. I wanted to be a person that someone out there struggling could relate with. I know how hard it is to be consistent either it be eating clean or hitting the gym on a daily basis. Life is hectic and any number of things can happen that can throw someone off course. I am the prime example. I thought it may help someone thinking about quitting to keep with it and show that there are people out there just like you with the same struggles. That quitting should never be an option even if a bad week or two happens when it comes to eating or getting to the gym. That the goal you set out for is attainable even if it takes longer then once thought.

Finally, let me tell you a little about me. I am a single dad. I have my daughter full-time. I attend Mercyhurst University full-time and I work a third shift job. All those circumstances makes it difficult sometimes to stick to being in shape. I have to do everything I can to balance my life as to obtain my goal. I wake up in the morning and go to work, followed by getting/taking my daughter to school, than coming home and heading to school myself. When school is over I must pick my kiddo up from school help her with her homework and work on my own homework as well as balance a house and take care of our 6 animals. I still find the time to budget my time to get the best eating in per day as I can and get to the gym several time a week.

I hope in the end that reading my blog and my life situation that this can give you, the reader, some extra maybe needed motivation to stick to your guns and continue the process of feeling better about yourself, about being healthier and happier.

I know that by doing this blog is has helped me a great deal just holding myself accountable for my own health. That I know that when I eat a bad meal or I skip the gym that I must blog about it and sometimes it gets to me but it instantly picks me back up because I know I must to better the next day!

Please, do enjoy reading my blog. If you ever have any questions or positive feedback I would love to read your comments.

KEEP AT IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment